View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #24
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I see your point. I guess we can respectfully disagree to the use of the term "reality." Movies are fun and interesting. They are, by definition, no portrayel of reality.

I dont think movies portray things realistically because they lack the critical emotional component of the subject being portrayed--that is, while showing people getting their head blown off can make you think, "Wow, that is awful. Our boys sacrificed everything for us at Normandy," I feel it is naive to think, "Wow, watching this movie is realistic. It is like being there. I get it...War is Hell." I think that does more disservice to the honor of those that were there and vomiting from fear than to assume that watching a movie and actually portrays any sort of reality. People that watch war movies do not suffer emotionally for the rest of their lives.
Yes, if you find meticulous efforts for historical accuracy to be a "disservice" and if you would prefer to see an edited version, then you and I disagree.

But I respect your viewpoint. Peace, brother.