View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #50
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
And the fans who pay money to go see the games really get screwed. If the object is to get to a BCS game, why not just save your money and go to the bowl game. The demand is great right now, but if they keep raising ticket prices and dummying down the schedule, the demand will start fading.

No one has to believe what I say. Maybe the grumbling I am hearing is just from the only season ticket holders who are getting a little upset.
I have to agree that it isn't so fun going to games where the outcome is so clear. We all like to believe our team will always win, but when you are scheduling Chattanooga and its directional cousins each year where is the excitement? Unfortunately for the MWC to become a power conference they actually have to start dumping the challenging exciting games and salt their schedules with these types of teams in order to sweep or nearly sweep their OOC's. The opponents opponents schedule is only a third of the SOS calculation component, but if you scheduled Western Carolina, they may go 0-4 OOC, but 3 of those games are against SEC and ACC opponents. That means that MWC teams can get the benefit of that 1/3 which actually serves to boost their SOS enough so when conference schedule starts the two or three weaker programs provide a huge boost for the 5 or 6 strongers ones. It is sad that the game is not what really matters as much anymore, but the strategy of scheduling.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote