View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 06:50 PM   #9
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
My OC office is in Costa Mesa, right across from SCP. It actually is wonderful comapred to Woodbury. In CM, you can smell smoke, but it is like being in an oxygen bar compared to how it was at my house last night.

Woodbury is really bad. My wife took the ddd's over to my brother/SIL's house and will likley spend the night there to get away from it. It was starting make me wheeze a bit and like you said, when you go outside, you either get small ash particles in your eyes or your eyes start watering.

The fire literally was blocks from our place last night, bounded by Irvine Blvd, Sand Canyon/134 toll road, and Portola Canyon road. The Irvine Blvd/Sand Canyon part is now out and smoldering, but the fire jumped the 134 and headed south towards Foothill Ranch area (this does not count all of Santiago Canyon, which is a little more inland). If you are in Aliso, you are likely enjoying the smoke from the Southbound Irvine fire heading towards Lake Forest/Foothill ranch.

I would imagine if you went home to HB, you could breathe way easier.
Yeah, the air in HB was much better than it is out here. Like I said though, it was bad enough to keep me wide awake for most of the night.

I am a bit hyper sensitive to these things to begin with. For the first 3 or 4 months after moving here I would wake up in the morning with my eyes all swollen from the pollution. A few times they were swollen almost completely shut. I did finally adjust, but I do still have those problems reoccur from time to time when the air gets really smoggy.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote