View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #18
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Ever seen what the body looks like after organ harvesters have done their job? If so, you may have a different opinion.

Granted, I'm speaking from the perspective of a funeral director who is charged with the duty of preparing the deceased for burial, but if you could see just how the deceased is desecrated when harvesting organs, it would open your eyes.
My two-year-old nephew drowned in a swimming pools a few years back. Due to his age and the circumstances they weren't able to donate much, but they did donate his corneas. They ended up going to a friend of a friend who was extraordinarily grateful. It brought great peace to my brother and his wife to hear this story.

When my FIL died recently, my MIL decided to donate his organs. When we got to the funeral home the next day, the funeral director (in a small Southern Utah town) gave her a hard time about it because it was going to make his work harder. My poor MIL felt terrible. I wanted to kill they guy right then and there, and it still makes my blood boil. I called up the hospital to tell them what happened and they filed an ethics complaint against the funeral home.