View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:52 AM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I fear that such research wouldn't find funding, or that the results would be suppressed if the findings didn't support complete equality. It really does make sense to me that there is enough separation that we likely would see some differences, and indeed I think we do in athletic performance, so it's likely we'd see differences in other areas as well. I don't know how important these differences are, but anything that gives us a better understanding of human evolution is very important, and these types of studies could do just that.
It seems ironic that race-research would likely not find funding for fear that the results would indicate racial differences.

It is a charged issue, to be sure.

Part of me says that if you are bright enough to discover the double helix and the blueprint of all life, then maybe you have some other interesting findings in your little bag of tricks....

Then again, maybe you are an old man and say racist things, like my grandmother does sometimes. I love her, though. And she makes a MEAN red beans and rice. racism...Yum!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote