View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #6
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
He does seem to reference data and testing as the basis for his opinion. As a matter of fact, he uses the phrase "ALL the testing," implying that there is a myriad of data to support his opinion.

The article also refutes his claim by referencing other scientists who call these theories genetic nonsense.

basically, this entire article carries the underlying implication that both sides have conducted extensive research and experimentation on the topic...enough to lead to strong opinions. Let's have the data!

Or maybe I am reading too much into it?

Admittedly, his "employees" comment is bizarre.
I fear that such research wouldn't find funding, or that the results would be suppressed if the findings didn't support complete equality. It really does make sense to me that there is enough separation that we likely would see some differences, and indeed I think we do in athletic performance, so it's likely we'd see differences in other areas as well. I don't know how important these differences are, but anything that gives us a better understanding of human evolution is very important, and these types of studies could do just that.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote