View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #16
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post
I definately think there is a class system in the Church. I don't think it is pronounced, but it is definately there.

and thanks 71 for jacking the thread.
Sorry. What made me think of it was the more stringent rules for missionaries. Another stratification of good and better mormons. I don't know what the answer would be, as I support the notion of missionaries being better qualified or more ready to go.

However, I see class starting to crop up and Indy, I don't think it is about money, but about who is better.

BYU, that is where the churches best and brightest go. Every young man a missionary. The ones that don't go are lesser citizens. For the, I will only marry a RM girls, there status will only go up if they hook one since there will be fewer and they will be more revered.

You are a great Mom, but you work. I am a great Mom and stay at home, greater status.

I don't know, maybe this is really nothing, because right now when I actually attend church I don't see any stratification of members, it is only when I hear people talk.

Yea, I know there is the Celestial, Telestial and Terrestial, however I don't know if we as mortals get to assign our fellow members that status right now.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote