View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #42
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I don't have a problem accepting the idea that miracles happen. I've seen plenty of things happen that I couldn't explain. But I don't necessarily assume that because I can't explain something, it comes from God. There was a time not too long ago when people with mental illness were assumed to be cursed by God, or that people with seizures possessed demons. I think it's arrogant to rely on science to the degree that you reject any idea that can't be explained by science, but it's equally arrogant of people to assume that everything that can't be explained by science is a manifestation of God.

I once visited a pyschic on a lark. No one is more of a cynic or more of a skeptic than me, but the pyschic told me things he had no business knowing. I can't explain it, but I don't assume God was whispering things into his ear, nor do I think science could adequately explain why some people are more clairvoyant than others. Reading the threads on the board the last couple of days, one would think that science and religion are the only tools we have for gaining knowledge. Are those really our only two choices?
Well spoken (written).