View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #47
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
You have a smug style and look down at people due to your high self appraisal of your intellect and have a way of subtly, yet intentionally, insulting people with it. But I will try to avoid going there with you.
You failed if that was your intent, but you are as brusk as they come, but I'm sure you're aware of that. So your proviso had the opposite of its stated purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I agree because I don't believe in absolutes, but you can replace all with most. If you don't believe it's the best place for most women and most families, if circumstances permit, then we can argue that point. It's clear to me the church teaches that, but that may not be entirely relevant. And it's an essential premise for my entire perspective.
What I don't agree is I don't know. I don't know what current data shows, what the current trends within the desires of families and women are. I don't profess to know. It would require many sociological studies which I am not qualified to construct or perform.

We as a Church feel compelled to direct sociological structures without science to back it up. Do we need science in all aspects? No, but some wouldn't hurt.

If it's a social structure we desire, that's fine, but dictating it for all or most may not be fine. I just believe society has changed so much that structures ideal for the 1950s may no longer apply.