Old 03-23-2006, 10:04 PM   #22
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11

you all are missing the point. im sure mr cruise thinks his beliefs are just as sacred as the ones we hold. if somebody openly mocked our beliefs, and shared our secrets, im sure there would be public outcry among the lds community and subsequent boycotting of the perpetraitor....
I totally disagree fus. And what's more, they have openly mocked our beliefs. They had Joseph Smith with a seerstone in a hat for goodness sake. I certainly don't feel the need to back Cruise on this at all.
I guess you wouldn't feel the need to back David Whitmer, either:

“Joseph Smith would put the seer stone into a hat, and put his face in the hat, drawing it closely around his face to exclude the light; and in the darkness the spiritual light would shine. A piece of something resembling parchment would appear, and on that appeared the writing. One character at a time would appear, and under it was the interpretation in English. Brother Joseph would read off the English to Oliver Cowdery, who was his principal scribe, and when it was written down and repeated to Brother Joseph to see if it was correct, then it would disappear, and another character with the interpretation would appear. Thus the Book of Mormon was translated by the gift and power of God, and not by any power of man.” (David Whitmer, An Address to All Believers in Christ, Richmond, Mo.: n.p., 1887, p. 12.)"