View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 09:20 PM   #19
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11

you all are missing the point. im sure mr cruise thinks his beliefs are just as sacred as the ones we hold. if somebody openly mocked our beliefs, and shared our secrets, im sure there would be public outcry among the lds community and subsequent boycotting of the perpetraitor....
I totally disagree fus. And what's more, they have openly mocked our beliefs. They had Joseph Smith with a seerstone in a hat for goodness sake. I certainly don't feel the need to back Cruise on this at all.
mocked is the wrong word....and have you seen the joseph smith episode?

how about revealed....

scientologists guard their beliefs as much as we guard our rituals, practices in the temple. south park revealed to the audience exactly the secrets, scientologists labor to hide in secret.

if an organization were to do that would we not boycott their products? how do we feel about the stanford band and their portrayal of polygamy?

i believe south park has the right to do whatever they want. i also believe tom has the right to say, hey, this crossed boundaries, and im not comfortable with an organization who exploits my personal beliefs.

im sure if we were all tom and a south park episode aired showing our temple ceremonies and discussing what happened there we would have about the same reaction.....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote