View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 08:47 PM   #16
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
I must admit that I am going to side with Lingo on this one.

ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:

Making a public announcement to denounce how your faith is portrayed in a cartoon is one thing (I could respect that). But applying extreme financial pressure behind the scenes to remove said cartoon from public ciruculation is a stupid move that I hope will blow up in Tom's face.

And this does not even compare to the manner in which the church expressed concern over Big Love.
wowzers....

its crazy the right bitches about the left, and when a person from the 'left' bitches about the content of a cartoon and expresses his right to complain we call foul....

you all are missing the point. im sure mr cruise thinks his beliefs are just as sacred as the ones we hold. if somebody openly mocked our beliefs, and shared our secrets, im sure there would be public outcry among the lds community and subsequent boycotting of the perpetraitor....

thats essentially what he is doing. he is saying, i will not support an organization who distributes stuff against my sacred beliefs....

youd think the right would applaud the man since he is taking a 'moral' stand....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote