View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #54
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I don't even know why I bother with you. It isn't even possible to have an honest conversation. I made a wise crack about grammar, which you have now turned into the entire focus of the thread, and when I point out how silly your position appears to be, you (as you always do) then retreat and argue that you never really had a position to begin with, despite the fact that you seem to find fault with any position other than the position which you claim to not be taking.
Packer's cyborg for you. People start to intimate that Nephi/Laban isn't history but allegegory but still divine or some such thing and tex automatically gets a signal, his receptor sounds an internal alarm, and he's all over it, upholdng orthodoxy at every turn and automatically disavowing prior positions he has taken when caught in inconsistencies without embarrasment or explanation, just continuing to hammer away. You have to understand that while robots or humanbots are capable of greater purity and consistency and far greater information download and inexhaustible argument than us humans, they are less artful and graceful in reconciling contradictory positions taken and appreciating insoluble dilemas inherent in the human condition. I think of a robot boxer hammering away endlessly with its metal and vinyl fists and blinking red eyes.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote