Thread: In my opinion
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #25
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
BYU ought to aspire to be around the level of Texas A&M. To be in the national conversation at times, even if playing 2nd fiddle or 3rd fiddle in its BCS conference.

I'm ok with that.

I'd rather be in the conversation than at the little kids table.
If BYU consistently wins conference championships that will occur.

I think the Y has a great shot at making a splash on the national scene either of the next two years. If BYU finishes this year with only one more loss and wins its bowl game with the offense having a good showing, it will get all sorts of preseason pub as the best BCS busting potential. The key to making a national splash is the year before. One must start the season either in the top 25 or very close with folks paying attention to you.

Next years schedule is favorable with the trip to Washington as its most daunting game, unless either TCU or Utah have really good teams.

Mike, this time last year you were pronouncing that Bronco couldn't carry Patterson's jock now you are whining that winning the conference back to back years ain't good enough. You might be a spoiled zoob, but just one with great intellectual and communicative powers who is able to throw up sufficient smoke screens to keep the truth hidden.

Or is it because if one wants to troll concerning the Bronco hype one can't claim he sucks as it appears that the dude has his shit together and the likely truth is the MWC is likely to become his bitch in the short term, so the only recourse left is to carry on that this ain't good enough?