View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 06:24 AM   #32
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
I pity you. Maybe at some point you can learn to like some real music, instead of enjoying all the crap that you are told you are supposed to like.

I once again give another great example of good music for you. Eddie Hazel one of the best on guitar out there, performing what is one of the best guitar solos you will ever find.

This was a great find, and a really good performance of Maggot Brain. Luckily it also has Michael Hampton too. But of course since no one has told you a thousand times how great Eddie Hazel is (and well he is not just an imitator like the Beatles) you will never really like it.

To quote Mos Def
"Elvis Presley ain't got no soul"
What is the point here? Who is claiming, or has ever claimed, that any of the beatles was a great guitarist? You are arguning with someone, it seems, but not with anyone here, as far as I can tell. None of the beqatles were virtuosos. They were instead creative, incredibly adventurous and, with George Martin (and some help from Billy preston and others) the creators of perhaps the most impressive catalog of pop ever made.