View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #37
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
No, there is a punishment. It just doesn't come from man. We assume that God is competent enough to do whatever needs to be done with a sinner, and we also believe heavily in the principle of forgiveness and repentence. I find it interesting that you seem to believe that if someone isn't physically harmed by another person for spiritual transgressions, there won't be any punishment at all. Is Allah incapable of punishment in Islamic belief?

I also find it interesting that you focus so heavily on the need for "punishment." This again goes back to my point that a fundamental disagreement we have on religion is that I believe we should follow God out of love; you appear to believe that we have to follow God out of fear of reprisal. For you, if there was no punishment, there would be no reason to do what God wanted. For me, if there was no punishment, there would still be a reason to do what God wanted: because I love God and want to grow closer to God even if I won't be punished for failing to do so.
Of course God is competent and the only one who knows best ,thats why he created the universe based on wisely natural law ,so anything has its postion ,and any action has its reaction .

He is also the one who created human being who given an opportunity to design thier fate and future .
i think its something we both agree on ,hopefully ...

Thus the feedbacks of our deeds ,the actions and reactions and the punishments of wrong and praises of rights are inevitably inseparable.. and your denial is not going to help change this fact any way ,even if there is no one to punishs us or praises us in real life .

I have no idea from where you got all those wrong impression about me being passionate toward physical punishment.... accidentally ,you dont have fox news , ON, while reading my post??

worshiping God out of love,in my belief is unexplainably intoxicating ! and if any man could truely reach out this kingdom , he basically wouldnot be able/willing to do wrong owning the God's love ecstacy...

but if someone claims of worshiping God out of love ..dont you think he has got to show it somewhere through his deeds ??? thats why you would NOT turn back to the criminal who has broked to your house, disrespected your family and stole your properties ...saying ...".I will wait to see what God does with you " instead of calling the police!

(we both know that no one was born criminal but turning out to a wicked person through committing spiritual sins over and over) .

so you are claiming something that you cannot back it up through real life , although i wish you could .

but well , if you like to put it in a fundemental disagreement category ..lets keep it a fundemental disagreement then .

I am glad we had this discussion ..enjoy your religion.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-22-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote