View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 03:12 AM   #26
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Nope, not during the arrest. After the arrest, the officer's duty is to take you directly to a judge who will tell you the charges and conduct a bail hearing. If you are arrested during off hours then you see the judge first thing in the morning.

The officer doesn't really have to say anything to you other than to identify himself and command you to submit to his authority. Folks, when the police want to arrest you, shut your mouth and comply. I'm the last guy to be for police brutality, but when someone gets their ass whipped by the police, 99.9999% of the time they've earned it. In fact, in my experience the police usually show a lot more restraint that you might think.
Thanks for the info.

For the record, I have no problem with the way he was treated, as he seemed to have been as uncooperative as he could. And having a brother-in-law who is a cop, I agree with you that cops do show a lot more restraint than what people think. He's told me about a few arrests he's made and I wondered how he didn't just beat the guy to a pulp.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote