View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 09:09 PM   #4
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
BStod over on cougarboard coaches at Lone Peak, he told me that they have 5 legit D-1 kids all with offers.

He said that Funk is very good but teams layed off of him when he tore his ACL only Fresno kept in touch.

They also have a 6'11 center that is very tough as well.

In two years if BYU can land Tyler Haws and CJ Wilcox we will have one of the best recruiting classes ever, those two will end up being the two highest rated recruits ever to come out of the state of utah, higher than britton johnsen and Garner Meads.
The 6'11" center is Hamilton. I read the blog and it said his father played football at BYU and his mother played volleyball but he was not interested in BYU because he was not LDS.

I thought it really weird for a kid to live in Utah County have both his mom and dad be former BYU athletes and him not be LDS. My guess is if they were non-LDS BYU athletes who married and stayed in Utah County they would not have issues with BYU and probably would want their kid to go there, the fact that he has no interest in BYU leads me to believe his mom and dad are not exactly still enamored with the LDS Church.

This is why I asked if he was Waymon Hamilton's son, although if it is it would break my heart to know the guy who caught that 4th and 10 pass from Steve Young, that kept the game winning drive alive against Missouri, is no longer fully invested in the BYU.

My guess is that cougjunkie hit the nail on the head. Rose is aiming all things to landing Wilcox and Haws. I can't imagine Marty's boy not going to BYU in the end.