View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #24
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
I am not surprised that you did not try to correct my assertion but rather chose to denigrate me with the label of ugly American.

I am American but I do not live in the US. I have acquaintances who are Iranian and Afghan, both are woman, both are devout in their faith and both fled the country of their birth due in large part to the reality of truths I stated above. According to you they have lied about the personal tragedies they or their family suffered.

Are you observing Ramadan? Would you be surprised to discover that I have observed it once in my life in support of Muslim friends?

Would you be surprised to hear I have read the Qur'an?

What do you know of me? Your assertions are ridiculous. I have been married for 15 years and have 5 children. My parents have been married for over 40 years. My wife’s parents have been married for over 40 years. Each of their parents were married for their entire adult life times. All of my siblings (4) are happily married with children. All of my wife’s siblings (3) are married with children (her sister has 8 children).

Yes, what do you know of me, an infidel –a mindless and oblivious minion of the Great Satan?

Yes, what do you know?
Impressive background !!
I evidently cannot compete with that ,so lets skip mine.

I didnot try to correct you ,simply becuase you wouldnot have believed me, otherwise i wouldnot mind to .

my impression is that, you have got to listen and sympathy and believe those iranian and afgan folks ..which is indeed excellent .....but would you care to provide the same opportunity for me to express my experience as well ??

or you would prefer to have me kept silent , just becuase it isnot what you want to hear and believe?

okay ,lets see what would happen if we diverse this story,

assuming that i do have many american friends including mormons,
which i do .

assuming they are struggling with thier faith and their country's policy , which they are.

assuming that they have got horrific experience to share with me ,
which they have .

so now am i supposed to come here ,bragging about my understanding about american and mormon societies ,slaming all those things in your face and not even want any one in here to correct me ????

i am dead sure you guys would nuke me off !

but hence i am not genetically a " good wicked" person ..so ,no chance for wageing a war..

believe me or not i have become a mormon advocate here in Iran instead

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-19-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote