View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney
Default New 5k challenge

So steel has set up a new 5 k challenge.

While I am still working on getting my nike+ configured to be a bit more accurate, I have a few questions about how it records my 5k time.

In order to get a 5k time recorded to I have to select that distance from the menu or can I just go out for normal run of say 4 miles and have it record what my fastest 5k was during that run.

It seems like the fastest mile is saved as the fastest time from a whole mile marker to the next, but I am not sure about that either. I'd be interested if say I ran 2 miles; went out really easy for the first 1/2 mile then pushed it for 1 mile and then backed off for the last 1/2 mile. Would that mile from .5 - 1.5 count towards my fastest?

Also a 10 k challenge would be fun and make me run longer and harder, as well as a fastest mile challenge. I was talking to an old guy in my ward who said back in the day he ran a 4:25 mile. wow. My fastest ever is 5:36 (did it this year) and that is the only time I have ever gone under 6 minutes in my life. I think it would be so cool to once in my life run one under 5 minutes, but I don't think I am willing to put forth the effort and suffer enough to get that fast.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote