View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
nikuman

nikuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Young lady in your ward at age 17 has intercourse. She repents and does all the things necessary to receive forgiveness.

At age 22 she has fallen in love with a very charming young man. However, his P blessing says someday he will be amongst the leaders of the church and sit in council with them. He doesn't want anything coming out of the wordwork when that day arises.

He shows the fiance's Bishop the P Blessing and asks, Bishop has my fiance ever confessed having pre-marital sex. What do you tell the young man.
Not claiming to be the bishop type, but my answer is as follows: ask her. It's a conversation I can't have as bishop for a number of reasons, mostly because it's a breach of confidentiality obligations I'd feel I have, and also because that sort of thing would have a chilling effect on the openness of others who come to talk to me if word got out that I told. And if the young lady in question was not willing to tell the young man, chances are she's the sort who would be eternally pissed at me for telling.
nikuman is offline   Reply With Quote