View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #12
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Bronco was asked about BO. Said something like "I've never met Ben Olson. I have met his dad but I've never talked to Ben."

Some of you may remember there was a post on CB from someone that knew BO that said Bronco ran into BO's dad at a wedding or something and they had a little pridefest over the definition of honesty and integrity. You also may remember that Ben was still up in the air about where to go when Bronco was hired. There's no excuse for Bronco not getting on an airplane to visit with Ben and try to smoothing things over, or at least talking to him on the phone.

IF we had QB issues and IF Bronco hasn't done a million right things in a row and IF Bronco hadn't shown willingness to swallow his pride on a number of other things--like his 3-3-5 defense, I might make a big deal out of it. But I'm not gonna.

Ben Olson is a specimem. I had a man crush on him since watching him in a fall scrimmage as an 18 yo frosh. Tall, solid build. Effortlessly threw deep outs. Confident, smart. Could move around the pocket. He was the future. It was tough seeing him leave, and Bronco had his part in it. But I'm over it. Let's kill him.
These people all have pretty good size ego's. There aren't too many successful athletes or coaches who are like Dale Murphy.

The kids ego gets on steroids thanks to parents. I don't know how things might have turned out, but I do know how they did turn out. I wouldn't trade a Bronco M. for 5 BO's.

I think a good precedent was sent. Bronco doesn't kiss parents butts, at least I hope that precedent was sent.

By the way whether Ben is successful or not outside of playing BYU, I really honestly don't care. If he is great fine, if he sucks fine. He isn't a BYU, MWC conf. football player. I guess if push came to shove I would cheer for him over some Baptist QB playing for Harvard.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote