View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #4
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Michael Vick was a world class superstar with vast wealth. Now he's in the gutter. Because he financed dog fighting, he's a pariah, he's forfeited his bonus and probably his net worth, he's going to prison, and he's out of professional football probably for good. Does the punishmen fit the crime?

(I can't help it, this reminds me of when my wife says to our three-year old, "Stop now, or you'll lose all your privileges," "If you don't do as I ask you're going to lose all your privileges." It works. He has figured out losing all your privileges is a very bad thing though it's never gone that far, and I doubt any of us is sure what that even means in his case.)

P.S., probably one of the most offensive things I've ever heard is a guy on NPR this morning arguing that VIck was too harshly dealt with because we raise animals to eat.
It isn't because he "financed" dog fighting. It is because he electrocuted them to death, hung them, drowned them in 5 gallon buckets, body-slammed them to death, gambled on the events (knowing it could get him kicked out of the NFL), and promoted savage fights between dogs, teaching them to be killing machines.

And he financed the operation.

That tells me the man has some very serious issues. Society isn't singling out Michael Vick. Vick broke the law in terrible ways. The punishment is just.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote