View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #28
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
there is the instructive case of the guy out in California who takes pictures of kids in public places, and then posts the pictures on the internet. He has a professed "love" for very young girls, but says he has never acted on it.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_6543919

A judge has ruled that he may not go within 30 feet of a child in the state of California. On what basis? I'm not sure.

I've listened to interviews of prominent people saying that he should somewhow be locked up or otherwise banned from taking photographs in a public place, etc.

I.e. the fear of this man makes them wish to abrogate his rights, even though he has done nothing illegal.

Rocky, I'm sure you would be first in line to say this man should be in prison for life. And you would have not a second thought about the implications of that, or whether it would constitutional.
If you choose to stand with the pedophiles in the name of "Freedom of Speech" that's certainly you're right guranteed under the Constitution.

If it came down to your little girl or boy he was doing this too, that he was preying upon....don't tell me for a second you'd think of his Constitutional "rights" first before defending the safety of your own children because you wouldn't.

The man is clearly a danger to society.