View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #24
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
It may be true that I am easily beguiled (which btw is a most excellent word), but I do support the first amendment right of people to express their perverted, disgusting, unpopular opinions, and to bust their ass if they act on those opinions.

NAMBLA's undoing is the fact that its members are despicable and its purpose is horrifying. In the court of public opinion it is roundly and thoroughly routed, in a way that is more thorough and satisfying than if government regulation prevented them from airing their stupidity. Some ideas are so stupid and repulsive that they will hoist themselves on their own pitard immediately upon airing and the ideas underlying NAMBLA are some of them.
Tells you a lot about a group like the ACLU that will associate themselves with something despicable and horrifying.

I find it interesting that Liberals are almost never black and white on anything,,,,except for defending purely evil perversions such as NAMBLA and as if the actions of it are somehow expressions of "freedom of speech".