View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #140
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
First, there's nothing about santos that's been respectful. Not that you would recognize respectful either.

Second, it's a totally specious question. The only person capable of sitting in judgment in a REAL situation is a bishop, to say nothing of some half-baked hypothetical designed to push someone's agenda in a meaningless debate. I'm happy to talk general principles, but I'm not going to be drawn into making pronouncements on when some dreamed-up sinner has repented of, or received forgiveness for, some dreamed-up (and unspecified) sin.
No kidding it's a specious question. Too bad you already answered it when you said that true repentance requires a wait period to see if the sinner will commit the sin again. If he does, he never truly repented in the first place.

I'm getting to know you Tex and I was more right than ever when I pegged you as a Pharisee. You define sin as anything that could get you excommunicated. You're stuck in the law of Moses. You're so stuck on the law you can't see. Sin becomes so large and scary to you that you have to compartmentalize it into only the big things that you don't struggle with. You're the 90 and 9 that "need no repentance".
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote