View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 04:26 AM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's universal. My father-in-law had a riding lawnmower destroyed by the youth at a service project. They decided to use it to cut deep brush and despite the insistence of the youth, it wasn't up to the task. It was cheaper to replace the mower than get replacement parts and have it fixed.

When we were in Explorers our leader had a minivan that was completely trashed after his time in the program. On one particular outing, we were stopped for about an hour in Spanish Fork canyon due to UDOT putting down tar and gravel. We got restless and left the vehicle to screw around. When we came back we tracked massive amounts of hot tar in his van, most of which could never be removed. He also blew out the vans' suspension on a trip to Nutty Putty cave. This van saw numerous trips to ski resorts, Moab, Green River, Uintah mountains, Jazz games, and national parks. Each time inflicting a new scar on the vehicle. When he bought a new van, he kept the old one to use solely for youth trips. This leader was a convert to the church and he had a profound influence on my life. Every time I go back to visit my parents, I take him out to dinner.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote