View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I heard the part when he was asked about the future scheduling strategy.

I'll try to summarize it best that I remember:

---- Scheduling is more difficult than ever. It used to be that you'd schedule many years in advance, where now, with the BCS, most programs are trying to schedule about 3 years in advance. Taking a look at their teams and how good they'll be and scheduling accordingly, so that they can maximize their chances of a BCS run. This is especially important for Non-BCS conference teams.

---- Notre Dame is NOT on the schedule in the future. I've spoke with their Athletic Director Kevin White several times and while we'd like to get something done and we're both open to it,,,,if we scheduled them now it literally might not be until 2020 because of how far out they schedule. The new series they just signed with Michigan that goes out til' 2031 is a prime example. Glen Tuckett was able to negotiate both 2 for 1 series we had with them and we'd do that again in a heartbeat. It was a great experience for our fans to play a storied program like that 6 times in the past 15 years or so. So there's a chance we'll play them again, but if we do and you see a press release about it...don't get too excited because it won't be for a VERY long time.

---- Traveling back east is becoming more and more difficult logistically and financially, that's why you see us and Utah having 2 PAC-10 teams on our schedule nearly every year out for the next several years, with an exception here and there.

---- We do have Arizona State, Florida State and Washington on future schedules.

That's all I can remember.