View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #10
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Are you required to wear a burkha, as in Taliban, and Saudi Arabia?

Are you allowed in mixed confines with men?

we arenot obliged to wear chador (iranian version of burqa). no ..but yes some women who arenot able to embrace hijab concept might complain..

well,i am a professional complainer too,but not becuase this is what i am committed to wear ,on contrary ,becuase its my serious concern that women should be meritorious enought to put on a chador ..as it used to be in "ancient iran ". No low-class ,uneducated quivery believer women would be allowed to pick up a chador to make hijab ,it was absolutely dedicated to religiously devoted, respected ,well-off families .
since wearing chador isnot just about clothing rather remarking belifes and behaviors.

ps:i was definitely not going to devide people to poor and rich since it has NO place in islam so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Do women ever complain about having to wear a burkha?

I'm not asking if you complain, but do you ever hear others complain, or it is simply accepted?

In most Western countries, you'd have civil war if that were ever imposed.
well ,your women did fight to achive the vote right, they could fight to remove hijab law too. wheras iranian women had the definite right to vote from the very first after islamic revolution..so they might be willing to fight to ban hijab law.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 08-02-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote