View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Well, when God hides up the Gold Plates, doesn't physically reveal Himself to mankind on even a localized, let alone universal basis, and so on and so forth, I think the answer is pretty clear.

When God repeatedly instructs us to pray and receive revelation about the truth of things, again it's pretty clear that academic or intellectual considerations are secondary or tertiary.

I firmly believe this is God's design and not the result of a group of theological traditionalists being overprotective of its doctrine. I don't see any signs that God will suddenly have the development of the doctrine of His church primarily driven by
academia/intellectualism rather than the current established method of revelation through those in authority.

That isn't to say that academic study can't enhance or build upon spiritual understanding, but it isn't going to be the prime mover.

Maybe the paradigm shifts during the Millennium.
We seem to react differently now, but maybe it's just in a slight degree.

When the "discovery" of the genetic question arose, we seemed to inquire from "our" geneticists what it all meant. And if a newer version of the scriptures are released, we might see the deletion of the "principal ancestor" claim, which was added in 1981 and not necessarily part of the original.

I just notice a slight change in tone, but perhaps I err.