View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #68
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Let's face it, if you are homosexually oriented to a point where you cannot maintain a heterosexual relationship, have a strong libido, what does the LDS Church have to offer?

First point, I don't believe homosexuality is binary, "you are or you aren't", but it appears to be a spectrum analysis of a complex set of orientations.

Second point, if you wish to act upon your sexuality, I can't see any reconciliation possible within the three religions of the Book. Do you want a "Don't Look, Don't Tell" policy?

My advice would probably be, and nobody is likely to ask for it, if you're certain your predominant sexual orientations are homosexual, leave and find happiness in whatever you can, but avoid religion. Find it in art, nature, and whatever.

How could I compare the restraint issue to something completely alien? Apparently, a gay can get aroused by a female, as a number have children with women, so I don't quite get it. They can but don't want to.

What do we have to offer such a person? I can't see anything.
Sorry to ignore the Rocky fight, but I think Archaea sees the issue that troubles me: the LDS church has nothing to offer a homosexual. No chance at temporal happiness, family, or real inclusion into the LDS community. It is in the family relationships that we have that we find our true happiness on earth. Does anyone really disagree with that?

We are telling homosexuals that if they want to be part of the church, they can't participate in the common goal of joy in this lifetime. They have to be patient and wait. Meanwhile, everyone around them gets to experience it (or actually seek it).

I think the question of what causes homosexuality is not important to this issue.

My point is, I don't think heterosexual LDS really appreciate the dilemma facing homosexuals. And frankly, until something changes, they're either going to leave the church or commit suicide. There really are no other palatable options for them.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote