View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #35
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
10 million of uninsured spread out over the whole country is not that tough lets say that each take 2000 in healthcare coverage average per year that comes to 20 billion divide that by how many hospitals there are in the US and it comes to probably a couple of million per hospital.

My point is that the health care system does a terrible job at finding insurance for those who actually have it. For example, Joe Blow comes home from Iraq. Starts working without health insurance and then get sick 6 months later. He is still covered under the military.

Jane and Bob smith don't have insurance and are injured in an automobile accident. Do they know that their Auto Insurance covers them?

If we need to do anything we need to lessen the paperwork and red tape it takes for the "working poor" to get the programs that are already in place. As silly as it may seem there are many (I didnt say all) who simply wont take the time to fill out the medicaid application when they would be covered
First of all, you are assuming there are only 10 million left. You are going to need a link for a statement like that. You are just tossing out millions of people from the category of "uninsured" because in your opinion, you think they can find insurance. Show me some evidence.

And yes, auto insurance can cover people (if they have a car, if they can afford auto insurance at all, and if they have a high enough coverage to actually do anything for their injuries without too high of a deductible).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote