cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Nice surprise on our group ride.. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9262)

RC Vikings 06-20-2007 02:45 PM

Nice surprise on our group ride..

This one guy is our group brought his daughter (mid 20's) to our group ride last night. I anticipated a slow ride but she hung right in there. The only time she struggled to keep up is when we would crank it up into the high 20's. So if any of you single guys are looking for a cute girl (RM also) that can cruise on a bike come join us on our rides.

MikeWaters 06-20-2007 02:47 PM

must be something wrong with her if she is still unmarried.

:)

RC Vikings 06-20-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 92150)
must be something wrong with her if she is still unmarried.

:)

I didn't see it. Her dad says she's a hell of a skier also. My guess is she can't find anybody that can keep up with her.

bYuPride 06-20-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 92149)
This one guy is our group brought his daughter (mid 20's) to our group ride last night. I anticipated a slow ride but she hung right in there. The only time she struggled to keep up is when we would crank it up into the high 20's. So if any of you single guys are looking for a cute girl (RM also) that can cruise on a bike come join us on our rides.

Stories about how fast people are going and other stories like it are great for me to hear... Everytime I get a little bit more confidence I'm immediately humbled by hearing everybody riding in the high 20's. I understand some of that may be drafting and I don't know for how long the high speeds were maintained, but that's some serious pedalling and probably riding until your limits are exceeded.

I rode by myself again this morning and I really struggled going up the hills. Much more difficult today than yesterday. I'm really going to suffer going up Big Cottonwood tomorrow, but suffering is good right? I'll take a rest day on Friday before I hopefully go on a big ride on Saturday.

RC Vikings 06-20-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 92162)
Stories about how fast people are going and other stories like it are great for me to hear... Everytime I get a little bit more confidence I'm immediately humbled by hearing everybody riding in the high 20's. I understand some of that may be drafting and I don't know for how long the high speeds were maintained, but that's some serious pedalling and probably riding until your limits are exceeded.

I rode by myself again this morning and I really struggled going up the hills. Much more difficult today than yesterday. I'm really going to suffer going up Big Cottonwood tomorrow, but suffering is good right? I'll take a rest day on Friday before I hopefully go on a big ride on Saturday.

Here in the Rexburg the wind always blow out of the south so we try to start our rides by heading south. We don't hit those high 20's until we start heading north toward home. We're not that good, just a bunch of old guys trying not to have a heart attack at their desk the next day.

bYuPride 06-20-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 92166)
Here in the Rexburg the wind always blow out of the south so we try to start our rides by heading south. We don't hit those high 20's until we start heading north toward home. We're not that good, just a bunch of old guys trying not to have a heart attack at their desk the next day.

I find the humbleness of everybody here amusing. You're not fooling me. I know all of you guys are ridiculously strong.

Archaea 06-20-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 92192)
I find the humbleness of everybody here amusing. You're not fooling me. I know all of you guys are ridiculously strong.

Viking, Goose and Goose's brother are good. If Q is as good as the game he talks, you are in some good company.

I only wish I were good, but I haven't been on a group ride in several months and have only ridden with a few buddies.

I would like to bike on my good days like Viking bikes on his bad days.

bYuPride 06-20-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 92197)
Viking, Goose and Goose's brother are good. If Q is as good as the game he talks, you are in some good company.

I only wish I were good, but I haven't been on a group ride in several months and have only ridden with a few buddies.

I would like to bike on my good days like Viking bikes on his bad days.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm drafting the whole ULCER.

Archaea 06-20-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 92200)
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm drafting the whole ULCER.

I forgot, creekster is the Meister, when he's on his game. I'm bringing a 27 year old up and coming stud as well as a 17 year old newbie, to pull me along, because reading about Q's greatness, and knowing Viking's rep has me worried I'll be dropped in the first twenty minutes (usually my weakest time).

bYuPride 06-20-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 92203)
I forgot, creekster is the Meister, when he's on his game. I'm bringing a 27 year old up and coming stud as well as a 17 year old newbie, to pull me along, because reading about Q's greatness, and knowing Viking's rep has me worried I'll be dropped in the first twenty minutes (usually my weakest time).

I guess I should be concerned with hanging on somebody's wheel.