cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Les Miserables (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8882)

bYuPride 06-07-2007 05:06 PM

Les Miserables

I'm taking my wife to see it tonight. She's never seen it before. I saw it once when I was 14 and listened to the soundtrack countless times on my mission. I'm so excited to see it!

Requiem 06-07-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 87760)
I'm taking my wife to see it tonight. She's never seen it before. I saw it once when I was 14 and listened to the soundtrack countless times on my mission. I'm so excited to see it!

You will be setting foot on sacred ground. Enjoy!

DrumNFeather 06-07-2007 05:33 PM

Might be the best show out there.

I think this show has a little bit of everything for everyone. My FIL who really has no interest in this stuff saw it and loved it.

Great story, great music, great characters!

bYuPride 06-07-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 87766)
You will be setting foot on sacred ground. Enjoy!

I didn't know the Pioneer Memorial Theatre was sacred...

UteStar 06-07-2007 06:21 PM

I am excited to see in a couple of weeks. My wife and I saw it in New York City a few years ago and I am interested to see how it is at Pioneer.

BigFatMeanie 06-07-2007 06:31 PM

I've seen it at PTC. My quick take:

Scenery/staging - good
Jean Valjean - good
M&M Thenardier - both were good
Enjolras - good
Eponine - average
Fantine - average
Cosette - average
Young Cosette - average
Javert - weak. (It seemed like he didn't have the range. Of course, walking out of the theater I heard another gentleman say "That Javert sure had a great voice!". So what do I know?)
Gavroche - poor

Interestingly, the performance has been held over at least once or twice so I believe sometime during this month there will be a different Javert because the first Javert had some other obligation.

RockyBalboa 06-07-2007 06:33 PM

I'd like to see it one day. I read the book for the first time a couple of Summers ago and loved it.

I've decided I'm gonna wait and see it somewhere like San Francisco or New York or somewhere like that on a bigger stage.

Requiem 06-07-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 87784)
I didn't know the Pioneer Memorial Theatre was sacred...

On the campus of The Lord's University....

bYuPride 06-07-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 87796)
On the campus of The Lord's University....

It's not down at BYU, it's in Salt Lake... BYU has a campus in Salt Lake so I guess that's close.

bYuPride 06-07-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 87792)
I'd like to see it one day. I read the book for the first time a couple of Summers ago and loved it.

I've decided I'm gonna wait and see it somewhere like San Francisco or New York or somewhere like that on a bigger stage.

Have you listened to the music?! It's amazing... I have a few different versions...