cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My new boss is LDS but not LDS. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8425)

cougjunkie 05-17-2007 11:57 PM

My new boss is LDS but not LDS.

here are the facts i have learned about him:

1. He went on a mission, was married in the temple and went to BYU.

2. He no longer attends church, teaches his kids at home, no longer wears garments and no longer goes to the temple.

3. Told me that the gospel is perfect the church is not.

4. Broke off from the LDS church when he lived in Ephraim with a small group of people and started a different version of the LDS faith. (someone else told me this not him)

5. believes the book of mormon is true even talks about it from time to time.

6. Is definitely an intellectual his favorite book is Atlas Shrugged loves Rand, talks a lot about philosophy, capitalism, and other things that intellectuals talk about :).

7. His wife is really hot and i dont think he would want to share her, he told me they dont believe in polygamy here on earth but they do in the afterlife.

fusnik11 05-17-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 82858)
2. He no longer attends church, teaches his kids at home, no longer wears garments and no longer goes to the temple.

Some believe garments are meant to be removed and that there comes a point in life when garments, the temple, and the church are stages and rituals of life that are no longer needed.

Detroitdad 05-18-2007 12:07 AM

Atlas Shrugged sucks. It reads like a fourth grade apology for selfishness.

cougjunkie 05-18-2007 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11 (Post 82861)
Some believe garments are meant to be removed and that there comes a point in life when garments, the temple, and the church are stages and rituals of life that are no longer needed.

What do you believe? Do you believe the church stunts your progression here on earth?

Sleeping in EQ 05-18-2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 82863)

I agree. Atlas remains popular, but thinkers have punched so many holes in it over the years that it comes off as a self-indulgent morality play.

A very over-rated book.

RockyBalboa 05-18-2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

I read it a couple of Summers ago and struggled to get through the laborious nature of it.

Jeff Lebowski 05-18-2007 01:42 AM

Quote:

Oh man, that is a classic fusnik post. Nicely done.

Mormon Red Death 05-18-2007 02:31 AM

Quote:

you obviously dont understand great literature....

Mormon Red Death 05-18-2007 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ (Post 82868)
I agree. Atlas remains popular, but thinkers have punched so many holes in it over the years that it comes off as a self-indulgent morality play.

A very over-rated book.

boo!!!!! IMO its the best novel ever written

ute4ever 05-18-2007 02:32 AM

Quote:

Hence Moroni's loose robe allowing Joseph to look into his bosom. No garments for the resurrected angelic messengers.