cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Discovery Cycling Jersey (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7637)

bYuPride 04-13-2007 02:29 AM

Discovery Cycling Jersey

Why do I see this in every bike shop I go into? Is this the jersey Lance Armstrong wears or something? It's a pretty cool jersey, but I don't want to buy it if people will think I want to be Lance... Will people think I'm a dork? I really want to get a cool jersey, but pearl izumi only has cookie monster and some beast one... right now, I just have a white jersey with black and gray on the sleeve which I'm fine with, but I thought it would be fun to have a different one while I'm waiting for my Y jersey...

SteelBlue 04-13-2007 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 73140)
Why do I see this in every bike shop I go into? Is this the jersey Lance Armstrong wears or something? It's a pretty cool jersey, but I don't want to buy it if people will think I want to be Lance... Will people think I'm a dork? I really want to get a cool jersey, but pearl izumi only has cookie monster and some beast one... right now, I just have a white jersey with black and gray on the sleeve which I'm fine with, but I thought it would be fun to have a different one while I'm waiting for my Y jersey...

Check out Nashbar.com they have a nice BYU jersey.

bYuPride 04-13-2007 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 73145)
Check out Nashbar.com they have a nice BYU jersey.

I don't like the logo they have... bluegoose is helping my get a cool blue and white jersey with the Y logo on the back...

SteelBlue 04-13-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 73146)
I don't like the logo they have... bluegoose is helping my get a cool blue and white jersey with the Y logo on the back...

That is a nice one! The goose, a long time friend, has hooked me up with a couple of nice BYU jerseys. That one you are getting is my favorite jersey that I own.

bYuPride 04-13-2007 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 73150)
That is a nice one! The goose, a long time friend, has hooked me up with a couple of nice BYU jerseys. That one you are getting is my favorite jersey that I own.

Awesome! I'm excited to get it! I'm hoping to get it Saturday, but the correspondence has been slow from some of the people...

bYuPride 04-13-2007 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 73150)

What about the Discovery Jersey? Will people think I'm an idiot for getting it?

Archaea 04-13-2007 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 73152)

Yes it's dorky.

It's better to buy one from rides or races you do, or from a local race team. That looks more legitimate than to sap off something like Lance's team.

bYuPride 04-13-2007 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 73153)
Yes it's dorky.

It's better to buy one from rides or races you do, or from a local race team. That looks more legitimate than to sap off something like Lance's team.

That's what I thought... Thank you!

SteelBlue 04-13-2007 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 73152)

The really good riders will scoff a bit.

Archaea 04-13-2007 04:18 AM

Get rid of the helmet visor as well. Some helmet come with them. Lose that real fast.