cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Pay It Forward, (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4528)

Archaea 10-09-2006 05:01 AM

Pay It Forward,

anybody else like this movie, or am I just a sap?

fuegote 10-09-2006 05:22 AM

I enjoyed it. It was manipulative, but it was a great movie.

il Padrino Ute 10-09-2006 07:14 AM

Haven't seen it.

SteelBlue 10-09-2006 02:15 PM

I haven't seen it, but IIRC Kevin Spacey stars in the film. If so, then I have to apply my Kevin Spacey theorem. If he's in it, it's probably good. There have been a few exceptions though.

The one actor who as far as I can remember has not made a bad movie is Russell Crowe. Can anybody name a Crowe film that wasn't excellent?

Archaea 10-09-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuegote (Post 39778)
I enjoyed it. It was manipulative, but it was a great movie.

Yes it was manipulative to a point, but it still was useful. What I enjoyed about it, was its lowkey nature.

OhioBlue 10-09-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 39792)
I haven't seen it, but IIRC Kevin Spacey stars in the film. If so, then I have to apply my Kevin Spacey theorem. If he's in it, it's probably good. There have been a few exceptions though.

The one actor who as far as I can remember has not made a bad movie is Russell Crowe. Can anybody name a Crowe film that wasn't excellent?

A good actor, to be sure. One of his all-time best performances came in a movie few have seen, The Insider.

As for non-excellent Crowe films, did anyone else see Proof of Life? Not awful, but definitely not excellent. But that might be about it. :)

RockyBalboa 10-09-2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 39792)

Virtuosity was awful

Same with that weird Western The Quick and The Dead, with Gene Hackman, Sharon Stone and Leonardo DiCaprio...

il Padrino Ute 10-10-2006 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 39802)
Virtuosity was awful

I actually liked that film. But then, I like most of Denzel Washington's work.

mpfunk 10-10-2006 02:55 AM

If I had my choice of watching Pay it Forward or pounding myself in the head with a hammer for two hours, I would take the hammer.

fuegote 10-10-2006 01:05 PM

Proof of Life: not so great because of "Love that Joker" Meg Ryan and David "I can't act to save my life" Carusso from CSI: miami.

Virtuosity was a fun movie. I really enjoyed it.