cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anybody going to the RMR tonight? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3138)

TheSizzle36 07-14-2006 07:11 PM

Anybody going to the RMR tonight?

I am debating on going tonight, although I won't be able to make it until like 6:15 or so. I wonder if I'll be able to get a seat for the Jazz game or not.

Has anybody gone before? What is typical? I've never been but am interested in going.

Thanks in advance!

mpfunk 07-14-2006 07:24 PM

RMR games are great. I miss going to those games more then I miss going to NBA games in Utah. If you go during a Jazz game it will be crowded, any other time you probably will not run into many people there.

RockyBalboa 07-14-2006 07:25 PM

If you are coming from Provo and aren't leaving til 6:15 save yourself the drive.

for the Jazz games you need to get there early early....like at least the game before early.

I'm leaving around 4 to go.

TheSizzle36 07-14-2006 07:39 PM

I work out in West Valley, but I have to work until at least 5. So by the time I go to downtown to pick up my wife, and get to SLCC, I imagine (with traffic) it'll be 6:30 or so becore I get there.

I don't care about great seats, I just want to be able to sit... especially since I've had my knee last dealt with I can't stand for that long of a period of time.

If I'd be better waiting until I can get off of work a little bit early next week, I may do that. Although I really wanted to watch Deron play.

fusnik11 07-14-2006 07:42 PM

You have never been to a RMR game?

What the fah?

If Funk was in town I would suggest we all go on Monday, grab some sushi, and catch some good games.

The first couple of Jazz games are not even worth trying to catch, unless you are arriving there quite early. If I were you I would wait for a different night and try your chances there.

TheSizzle36 07-14-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11

What the fah?

If Funk was in town I would suggest we all go on Monday, grab some sushi, and catch some good games.

The first couple of Jazz games are not even worth trying to catch, unless you are arriving there quite early. If I were you I would wait for a different night and try your chances there.

I know, I am disappointed in myself for having never been before. Maybe I'll take an afternoon off of work next Tuesday or Thursday when I still have the rest of the week to make up hours. I really wanted to go tonight, but having the game on KJZZ will ease the pain of missing it. That way I can hopefully catch all of the games and really get my money's worth.

If anybody is interested in either of those days (most likely Thursday) let me know. I would also be willing to do Friday, but I wouldn't be able to take off for the 1:00 game. Either way, I want to go this year.

mpfunk 07-14-2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11

What the fah?

Yes I really wish I was in town for this. Seriously among the things I miss about Utah, RMR games are easily in the top 10 things.

DirtyHippieUTE 07-14-2006 08:49 PM

Obviously I am the only one with a mullet, a primer gray door on my 72 Camaro, and a hat that says, "American by birth, Southern by the grace of God."

Because I'm the only white trash that thought you meant Rocky Mountain Raceway...

I wondered how you had all become race fans....

Surfah 07-14-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
Obviously I am the only one with a mullet, a primer gray door on my 72 Camaro, and a hat that says, "American by birth, Southern by the grace of God."

Because I'm the only white trash that thought you meant Rocky Mountain Raceway...

I wondered how you had all become race fans....

I miss going to RMR for races. Nothing like seeing a lifted Dodge Cummins Diesel run against Dodge Neon out of Fast and the Furious.

DirtyHippieUTE 07-14-2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33
Nothing like seeing a lifted Dodge Cummins Diesel run against Dodge Neon out of Fast and the Furious.

Sure there is... Watching some asian gang member looking kid, a cholo Mexican, and a white trash hillbillie all play nice together in the same sport.

Horsepower makes strange bedfellows.