cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Today's stage (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3107)

myboynoah 07-13-2006 11:03 AM

Today's stage

Mayo falling off the back and Eurosport thinking he won't even finish today. They're placing bets on when he gets off the bike on this first climb.

They are saying Leipheimer is looking okay, whatever that means.

With Lombardi dropping out, CSC is down to six riders, a far cry away from the eve of the tour when they had one of the favorites to win whole thing.

Archaea 07-13-2006 12:20 PM

today's stage is starting to piss me off.

What the hell are the big boys doing? Does anybody want to win this Tour?

Man, did we not know how much we would miss Lance.

Here is a perfect stage to hurt some rival, and all they do is sit on their keesters. The Tour doesn't last forever. Disco you guys suck right now.

CSC has nobody.

Landis, what's your strategy?

myboynoah 07-13-2006 12:39 PM

All I can guess is that with three more climbs left, ending with a big one, they are waiting to attack AG2R on the second to last or last climbs. If nobody makes a move today, I will wonder what is going on. With the peleton closing the gap, I wouldn't be surprised if they eat up the 4-5 leaders by the last climb, if not before.

Voeckler is making an interesting move. I remember him being the darling of France two years ago when he held the yellow for about 10 stages before the Pyranees ate him up.

myboynoah 07-13-2006 03:20 PM

What a finish!

Well, I think Levi answered all the doubts, at least for today. Eurosport was saying that Levi still thinks he has an outside chance at the GC, given all the uncertainty in this year's tour.

Landis, while not winning the stage, made a move.

Discovery appears to be in a shambles.

Things are getting interesting.

myboynoah 07-13-2006 03:25 PM

Wow, Landis takes the yellow.

Cool, but I wonder if Phonak can defend. Do they want it this early?

Archaea 07-13-2006 03:25 PM

Disco are pretenders.

What did they mean when they said Disco lost a lot of riders? Did somebody abandon?

Or did they mean they lost time?

Landis and Leipheimer are showing their stuff.

Lance built his team for himself and didn't think about his legacy thereafter. No leader on Disco.

myboynoah 07-13-2006 03:27 PM

I think they mean losing time. As far as I know all the Discos remain, but big minutes back.

This is one weird year, or maybe I'm not used to the lack of control that Lance seemed to exert over previous tours.

Levi made significant gains to move up to 13 on the GC, although 5+ minutes back.

creekster 07-13-2006 06:19 PM

Mayo has to be the biggest basque disappointment since I discovered what they really put in Tripe. He abandonned on the first climb? Amazing. WHat a disappointment.

bluegoose 07-13-2006 08:33 PM

Big George answered any questions today about his chances at the CG. Holy cow! 21:23 in one stage!

SteelBlue 07-13-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose
Big George answered any questions today about his chances at the CG. Holy cow! 21:23 in one stage!

Truly amazing. I wonder if he realizes that he's cost me Creekster's grand prize?