cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   So I can't watch the Utah State game tonight? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28174)

MikeWaters 11-11-2011 04:56 PM

So I can't watch the Utah State game tonight?

is it not on national TV?

Archaea 11-11-2011 09:22 PM

ESPN3.com

ChinoCoug 11-12-2011 03:06 AM

that was pathetic.

MikeWaters 11-12-2011 05:44 PM

I watched most of it.

They desperate need guard play, that's for certain. Guards suck.

Brock Z, from the little I saw, looked terrible. Last season when he got garbage time, I thought he looked like someone they had picked up off intramurals. And then when I heard he was now one of the best players, that worried me a little. But I figure maybe he's improved a ton, and I misjudged his athleticism.

Umm, Coach Rose, better re-evaluate that.

Rose is still figuring this team out, figuring out the rotations, who's going to play.

Hopefully [dear HF, please let this be so] Carlino is a good player.

Archaea 11-12-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 315085)
I watched most of it.

They desperate need guard play, that's for certain. Guards suck.

Brock Z, from the little I saw, looked terrible. Last season when he got garbage time, I thought he looked like someone they had picked up off intramurals. And then when I heard he was now one of the best players, that worried me a little. But I figure maybe he's improved a ton, and I misjudged his athleticism.

Umm, Coach Rose, better re-evaluate that.

Rose is still figuring this team out, figuring out the rotations, who's going to play.

Hopefully [dear HF, please let this be so] Carlino is a good player.

This team has a long distance to travel before it's a good team. We must have the worst point guard right now in D1 basketball. The shooting guard didn't shoot, unless Charles is supposed to be a shooting guard. I can't tell if he's a small forward or shooting guard. Brock is nothing.

MikeWaters 12-05-2011 09:35 PM

this loss is bad news. Utah State is 3-4, and has lost to Weber State, Texas A&M - Corpus Christi, Denver, and Pacific. They squeaked by Southern Utah.

This is going to be judged by the committee as a bad, bad loss.

One might suspect that there is a good chance we lose to Weber tomorrow. That will be a good test.

Archaea 12-06-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 315346)
this loss is bad news. Utah State is 3-4, and has lost to Weber State, Texas A&M - Corpus Christi, Denver, and Pacific. They squeaked by Southern Utah.

This is going to be judged by the committee as a bad, bad loss.

One might suspect that there is a good chance we lose to Weber tomorrow. That will be a good test.

We might.

But USU was away and the first game and without Carlino. If he proves to be a significant contributor, that loss will be forgiven. Defeat Weber State, Baylor and Virginia Tech and we're good.

ute4ever 01-17-2012 03:14 PM

Old news, but the USU fans really let Davies have it during that game.

Quote:

There was the handmade sign saying: “Hide your kids, hide your wife, Davies is coming.” There was the one held up by a female student: “Davies: I promise I won’t tell anyone.”

There were the two girls in sports bras, one with “Honor Code” and the other with “violation” painted in blue and white across their stomachs.

...No road crowd has approached the vitriol of the Utah State students in the 69-62 Aggies victory, which prompted a public letter of apology from university president Stan Albrecht condemning the “crude language, outright vulgarity and deeply personal insults” that “went far beyond mere school rivalry, fair play and – most importantly – basic human decency.”

The Utah State students, objecting to what they viewed as unwarranted censure, staged a three-minute “silent” protest during the next game, against Denver.