cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What's your calling right now? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24675)

Surfah 11-12-2008 03:30 PM

What's your calling right now?

I team teach our ward's entire senior primary with Gidget.

Granted our ward is barely bigger than a branch. Still we usually have about 10 kids or so each week in our class. I love it. Last night I was asked to share my testimony at the priesthood preview for some of our 11 year old boys. I taught these same boys 4 years ago when they were about to be baptized. It was great to be a part of that milestone and I feel privileged to be a part of this one. One of the father's told me last night that he was grateful for me and remarked on the impact I have had on his son and it made me feel great.

DrumNFeather 11-12-2008 03:46 PM

Ward Mission Leader...one of the loneliest callings in the church.

ERCougar 11-12-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 294165)
I team teach our ward's entire senior primary with Gidget.

Granted our ward is barely bigger than a branch. Still we usually have about 10 kids or so each week in our class. I love it. Last night I was asked to share my testimony at the priesthood preview for some of our 11 year old boys. I taught these same boys 4 years ago when they were about to be baptized. It was great to be a part of that milestone and I feel privileged to be a part of this one. One of the father's told me last night that he was grateful for me and remarked on the impact I have had on his son and it made me feel great.

That's awesome--I can tell you're the type who would be great at this. I love teaching kids, especially teenagers. My all-time favorite calling was Priest Quorum advisor in a ward in Indiana.

Right now, I'm the music director--2nd straight stint, only last time I was the choir director too. Time-wise, one of the best callings (when you don't add on choir director), so I'm not complaining.

Most dreaded calling - Ward Mission leader...sucks to be you, DNF.

Levin 11-12-2008 03:54 PM

Scoutmaster, and I deduct all the extra expenses from my tithing. And don't even think about asking to borrow my truck.

FMCoug 11-12-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 294186)
Scoutmaster, and I deduct all the extra expenses from my tithing. And don't even think about asking to borrow my truck.

Bummer for the kids. ;) Half the fun of scouting is throwing every substance known to man into the fire to see what it does. Sadly I bet you don't let your boys do that.

Levin 11-12-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 294193)
Bummer for the kids. ;) Half the fun of scouting is throwing every substance known to man into the fire to see what it does. Sadly I bet you don't let your boys do that.

Your wolf bloodlust has numbed and tinged your good senses. I was trying to tease Waters.

I'm executive secretary, and that same Waters gave me some good advice a while ago on the very subject if say so myself.

RC Vikings 11-12-2008 04:02 PM

SS President. When they called me I was a little surprised because I thought you actually had to attend SS to be the president. I guess they figured as long as I was just walking the halls I might as well be making sure all the classes were covered. I've got team teachers in all my classes with responsible people and my 1st councilor is a young mullah that really helps a ton. It's been a pretty good job.

Archaea 11-12-2008 04:09 PM

Hall monitor and visitor.

Gidget 11-12-2008 04:11 PM

There's nothing like a primary calling to make you wish you could actually sit and attend SS. Ingrates!

A-Train 11-12-2008 04:21 PM

I went from SS President to nursery worker. You can tell from my past two callings I have been marginalized in my ward. I think it has to do with trying to get the elders quorum to go see the Passion of the Christ as a group. Some of the members didn't think that was too funny but it has paid off in that I don't have to worry about serious callings any more.