cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tonight's game vs. Georgetown College (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24646)

PaloAltoCougar 11-11-2008 05:58 PM

Tonight's game vs. Georgetown College

This Georgetown is apparently a very good team, at least by NAIA standards. They lost only once last year (NAIA Final Four), and a few days ago lost to Louisville by seven, trailing by only one with under a minute left. They've got two big guards that are reportedly very good. With Fredette injured, BYU may have its hands full.

I'm also interested in seeing how the new arc affects BYU's offense, if at all. For Tavernari and Fredette, I suspect it won't make any difference at all, but I'm curious how it will change the offensive motion and defensive sets. I'm not much of a student of the game, but I wonder if the expanded arc won't open up the game better for mid-range shooters, and Cummard may benefit as much as anyone from the change.

I'm just happy we'll be able to watch the game on KBYU.

cougjunkie 11-11-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar (Post 293735)
This Georgetown is apparently a very good team, at least by NAIA standards. They lost only once last year (NAIA Final Four), and a few days ago lost to Louisville by seven, trailing by only one with under a minute left. They've got two big guards that are reportedly very good. With Fredette injured, BYU may have its hands full.

I'm also interested in seeing how the new arc affects BYU's offense, if at all. For Tavernari and Fredette, I suspect it won't make any difference at all, but I'm curious how it will change the offensive motion and defensive sets. I'm not much of a student of the game, but I wonder if the expanded arc won't open up the game better for mid-range shooters, and Cummard may benefit as much as anyone from the change.

The expanded arc would be much more of a benefit for BYU if we had a legit low post scoring threat. Because it would creat better spacing on the floor and we do have the shooters on the outside. Good thing BYU scheduled this as an exhibition game so that if we do lose it wont matter much.

Archaea 11-11-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 293738)
The expanded arc would be much more of a benefit for BYU if we had a legit low post scoring threat. Because it would creat better spacing on the floor and we do have the shooters on the outside. Good thing BYU scheduled this as an exhibition game so that if we do lose it wont matter much.

How long will Fredette be out?

Will Charles contribute or is he too much a project?

beauso79 11-11-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar (Post 293735)

When did Fredette get injured? I haven't seen or read anything. Hopefully it's not a bad injury because without him we're screwed. I guess it could give Mike Loyd Jr and chance to shine.

TripletDaddy 11-11-2008 06:13 PM

I am always getting confused......is KBYU the one we get in California...or is it BYUTV?

PaloAltoCougar 11-11-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beauso79 (Post 293742)
When did Fredette get injured? I haven't seen or read anything. Hopefully it's not a bad injury because without him we're screwed. I guess it could give Mike Loyd Jr and chance to shine.

Per CB, just an ankle sprain in practice yesterday, but he was limping badly this morning between classes.

PaloAltoCougar 11-11-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 293743)
I am always getting confused......is KBYU the one we get in California...or is it BYUTV?

I get confused, too, and probably wrote it incorrectly. Whatever it is, it's on 374 on DirecTV tonight at 6:30 PST. As I think about it, it's BYUTV, not KBYU. Regrets.

beauso79 11-11-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar (Post 293747)
Per CB, just an ankle sprain in practice yesterday, but he was limping badly this morning between classes.

Hopefully then Fredette does sit tonight and is ready for friday. Don't want to risk further injury.

SeattleUte 11-11-2008 09:17 PM

Let's go Hoyyyaaas, clap clap clap-clap-clap

Mormon Red Death 11-11-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar (Post 293751)
I get confused, too, and probably wrote it incorrectly. Whatever it is, it's on 374 on DirecTV tonight at 6:30 PST. As I think about it, it's BYUTV, not KBYU. Regrets.

so if you have direct tv wont you get every byu game (the mtn is on channel 618)