cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anyone here from Spokane? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24173)

CJF 10-31-2008 03:21 PM

Anyone here from Spokane?

I have a job offer that I'm debating. Never been there. Wondering what it is like. Church strong? Weather? Speed of life? Culture? How is the airport there? Job market? Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA

il Padrino Ute 10-31-2008 03:25 PM

One word:

Stock.

If he were still playing, I could watch the NBA.

CJF 10-31-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 287258)
One word:

Stock.

If he were still playing, I could watch the NBA.

One of the selling points of this company to me was they have a basketball court with a Jazz logo on it and Stockton "dedicated" the floor for them. I guess he comes around about once a month.

il Padrino Ute 10-31-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJF (Post 287267)
One of the selling points of this company to me was they have a basketball court with a Jazz logo on it and Stockton "dedicated" the floor for them. I guess he comes around about once a month.

What are you waiting for, man?

Surfah 10-31-2008 03:40 PM

It's been years since I have been there. I had family that lived in Spokane. I remember it seeming very old. It is very close to that magnificent island hole in Coeur d'Alene.

CJF 10-31-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 287270)
What are you waiting for, man?

I really don't want to relocate right now. I have another job offer that I'm weighing. No relo but lots of travel. This one is a relo but very limited travel. I want to know what it is like before I think about scheduling a trip to check it out.

CJF 10-31-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 287276)
It's been years since I have been there. I had family that lived in Spokane. I remember it seeming very old. It is very close to that magnificent island hole in Coeur d'Alene.

That's kind of my impression too, but I've never been there. How are away is Coeur d'Alene. I think I would rather live in Idaho than Spokane if the commute isn't too bad.

Solon 10-31-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJF (Post 287251)
I have a job offer that I'm debating. Never been there. Wondering what it is like. Church strong? Weather? Speed of life? Culture? How is the airport there? Job market? Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA

Never been there, but I had a friend on my mission who was from Spokane. Maybe the best damn guy in the world. Farm kid. Tall, funny, pretty laid back.

landpoke 10-31-2008 03:45 PM

It's not far to Idaho. I want to say 1/2 hour. Then there's Sandpoint a little further north in Idaho. You're pretty close to some very nice areas. Western Montana is not too far away either.

CJF 10-31-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 287283)
It's not far to Idaho. I want to say 1/2 hour. Then there's Sandpoint a little further north in Idaho. You're pretty close to some very nice areas. Western Montana is not too far away either.

Translation: Balls cold winters. I'll be the first to admit. I'm a complete and total puss when it comes to winters. First winter back in Utah last year and I complained every day. If it is worse in Spokane, that may be a deal breaker.