cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   SoCal at Thanksgiving (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23832)

Kilgore Trout 10-20-2008 08:50 PM

SoCal at Thanksgiving

Mrs. Trout and I, along with the four little Trouts (ages 3-15) will be in the vicinity of Anaheim for Thanksgiving. We're doing one day at Disneyland. What else is worth doing at that time of year?

il Padrino Ute 10-20-2008 09:12 PM

On behalf of DDD, I'm extending an invitation for him to treat you to a home cooked meal at his place.

Kilgore Trout 10-20-2008 09:34 PM

Thanks, guys! I'm really looking forward to it.

Surfah 10-20-2008 09:49 PM

Dude, be prepared to stand in line. Thanksgiving used to be the secret day to visit the Magic Kingdom. But I think everyone in the country and a few thousand Japanese tour buses discovered that too. Last time I was there I spent a few hours waiting in line for a few rides then spent the rest of the afternoon in front of Cinderella's Castle posing in other family's pictures.

il Padrino Ute 10-20-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 281947)
...then spent the rest of the afternoon in front of Cinderella's Castle posing in other family's pictures.

One of may favorite pasttimes in my single days. All over the east and west coast, there are a ton of wedding pictures with folks looking at them pointing and asking themselves "Who the hell is that?"

Surfah 10-20-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 281948)
One of may favorite pasttimes in my single days. All over the east and west coast, there are a ton of wedding pictures with folks looking at them pointing and asking themselves "Who the hell is that?"

Yeah I've decided should I ever do this again I am just going to follow one family around all day and get in all of their pictures.

il Padrino Ute 10-20-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 281953)
Yeah I've decided should I ever do this again I am just going to follow one family around all day and get in all of their pictures.

Now you can have Gidget and the little one join you. A family looks more natural in photos than one single guy - or in the case of me and friends, 3 or 4 single guys.

SoCalCoug 10-20-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 281948)

My brother and my cousin did that once when we were all at the temple for a cousin's wedding - they got in all the other wedding photos.

This was discovered when a lady in our stake showed my mom her daughter's wedding photo (neither party any relation to us) and she saw my brother and cousin in the picture.