cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I received my absentee ballot Saturday (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23574)

ute4ever 10-13-2008 05:27 PM

I received my absentee ballot Saturday

I can vote right now. Who should I vote for?

BarbaraGordon 10-13-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 278597)
I can vote right now. Who should I vote for?

Can you write in MikeWaters?

Black Diamond Bay 10-13-2008 06:55 PM

I ran across this interesting little video online the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8K-tendkSc

TripletDaddy 10-13-2008 07:00 PM

I got about 35 seconds into the clip and stopped it for two reasons.

1. The clip is entitled Burning Down the House, a reference to the Talking Heads, and the intro music is clearly Dire Straits "Money for Nothing."
2. The clip makes it seem that low income families are largely to blame, when many of the biggest perps are middle income/leveraged high income people who were buying into bigger homes.

I mostly stopped it though because I hate Dire Straits and mark Knopfler is a headband-wearing fool. Walk of Life was a really catchy tune, though. i will give him that much. btw, the sports bloopers version of the Walk of Life video....VASTLY superior to the "communist soldiers in the tunnel" version.

Black Diamond Bay 10-13-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 278638)
I got about 35 seconds into the clip and stopped it for two reasons.

1. The clip is entitled Burning Down the House, a reference to the Talking Heads, and the intro music is clearly Dire Straits "Money for Nothing."
2. The clip makes it seem that low income families are largely to blame, when many of the biggest perps are middle income/leveraged high income people who were buying into bigger homes.

I mostly stopped it though because I hate Dire Straits and mark Knopfler is a headband-wearing fool. Walk of Life was a really catchy tune, though. i will give him that much. btw, the sports bloopers version of the Walk of Life video....VASTLY superior to the "communist soldiers in the tunnel" version.

I can't comment on the music, I had my computer on mute since I am at work. I watched most of it, and I didn't feel that low income people are to blame at all. I think you should have watched more of the video.

ute4ever 10-13-2008 07:19 PM

Presently this is an awfully close poll.

TripletDaddy 10-13-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay (Post 278642)
I can't comment on the music, I had my computer on mute since I am at work. I watched most of it, and I didn't feel that low income people are to blame at all. I think you should have watched more of the video.

The video seemed to blame the Dems for passing legislation back during the Carter regime....an Act that was aimed at helping low income families. But as I stated, from what I see around here, the blame can be spread around to all income levels.

I thought about that your point afterwards and you are right. It is always good to hear the other side out. Minus 10 points for me. I will watch the whole thing later.

I would give you minus 10 points for you for not listening to the music, but as I mentioned, it is Dire Straits. You keep all your points.

Black Diamond Bay 10-13-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 278653)
The video seemed to blame the Dems for passing legislation back during the Carter regime....an Act that was aimed at helping low income families. But as I stated, from what I see around here, the blame can be spread around to all income levels.

I thought about that your point afterwards and you are right. It is always good to hear the other side out. Minus 10 points for me. I will watch the whole thing later.

I would give you minus 10 points for you for not listening to the music, but as I mentioned, it is Dire Straits. You keep all your points.

Go ahead and take 10 points, I own their greatest hits cd.

TripletDaddy 10-13-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay (Post 278660)
Go ahead and take 10 points, I own their greatest hits cd.

Depends on whethre you bought it for "Money for Nothing" or for "Walk of Life."

Black Diamond Bay 10-13-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 278662)
Depends on whethre you bought it for "Money for Nothing" or for "Walk of Life."

Neither, "Brothers in Arms."