cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   our stake presidency sits on the stand during GC priesthood mtg (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23355)

MikeWaters 10-06-2008 04:54 PM

our stake presidency sits on the stand during GC priesthood mtg

they have a monitor that faces them, while the rest of us look at the projected screen above the podium.

Is that how it is done with you all as well?

I think it is done to project the idea that the are presiding locally over the meeting.

jay santos 10-06-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 275437)
they have a monitor that faces them, while the rest of us look at the projected screen above the podium.

I think it is done to project the idea that the are presiding locally over the meeting.

I've never seen this.

Mormon Red Death 10-06-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 275437)

bullshit... I want proof

MikeWaters 10-06-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 275454)
bullshit... I want proof

BlueK can ask his brother, and report back, on the question of whether the stake presidency, when in attendance sit on the stand and watch on a monitor.

BlueK's brother is in my stake.

SCcoug 10-06-2008 05:15 PM

The do that in the Marriott center. I remember a few years ago one of them got up and asked everyone leaving before the prayer to sit back down.

ute4ever 10-06-2008 05:19 PM

President Heap (the one who was slapped by Boyd K Packer in 2004) does this in San Diego. After the session he shares a few reflections on what was said.

Tex 10-06-2008 05:21 PM

Yes, I've seen this before. Personal preference on the part of the leadership, I suppose. Our Stake President sat in the pews with everyone else.

BlueK 10-06-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 275457)
BlueK can ask his brother, and report back, on the question of whether the stake presidency, when in attendance sit on the stand and watch on a monitor.

BlueK's brother is in my stake.

I'm in the same stake now since I got married. I noticed one of the three in the presidency sitting up front at the stake center. My brother went to another building within the stake that has a satellite dish.

il Padrino Ute 10-06-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 275474)
President Heap (the one who was slapped by Boyd K Packer in 2004) does this in San Diego. After the session he shares a few reflections on what was said.

So, your session lasts longer? That's less time for ice cream.

MikeWaters 10-06-2008 05:23 PM

Someone owes me an apology.