cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   When was the last time posters would think they'd see (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22570)

Archaea 09-16-2008 07:49 PM

When was the last time posters would think they'd see

MikeWaters and Archaea more bullish on BYU football than the two nattering nabobs of negativity, IndyCoug and Goatnapper'96?

Sure BYU might lose to TCU, Wyo or Utah, but I'm hopeful.

Max Hall is rounding into a very nice QB. Barring injury, he could be one of the more efficient QBs BYU's had in a long time. Next year, legitimate Heisman consideration might be possible. This year, the voters have basically handed it over to Big Boned Daniels.

Jeff Lebowski 09-16-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 266157)
MikeWaters and Archaea more bullish on BYU football than the two nattering nabobs of negativity, IndyCoug and Goatnapper'96?

Sure BYU might lose to TCU, Wyo or Utah, but I'm hopeful.

Max Hall is rounding into a very nice QB. Barring injury, he could be one of the more efficient QBs BYU's had in a long time. Next year, legitimate Heisman consideration might be possible. This year, the voters have basically handed it over to Big Boned Daniels.

Don't forget SU drooling over a social conservative, right-wing, evangelical candidate from rural America. Strange times indeed.

MikeWaters 09-16-2008 07:54 PM

Graham Watson thinks BYU is no higher than 9th if undefeated.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=22455

She is full of sh*t.

Indy Coug 09-16-2008 07:55 PM

BYU has better than a 99% chance of winning Saturday. Is that enough negativity for you?

TripletDaddy 09-16-2008 07:55 PM

I think it just speaks to the bandwagonning nature of your support.

If BYU loses a game, you will falter, since all your enthusiasm is simply based on the UCLA momentum (you were nowhere near this excited after the Washington win). Indy will remain consistent, even if we lose a game. That is the difference.

So no, it isnt surprising at all that you are excited that BYU is 3-0.

Archaea 09-16-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 266165)
I think it just speaks to the bandwagonning nature of your support.

If BYU loses a game, you will falter, since all your enthusiasm is simply based on the UCLA momentum (you were nowhere near this excited after the Washington win). Indy will remain consistent, even if we lose a game. That is the difference.

So no, it isnt surprising at all that you are excited that BYU is 3-0.

At least some of us are real fans of BYU, not Trojan horses masquerading as friends.

All-American 09-16-2008 08:54 PM

This from the guy who was anxious to be the first to predict a loss at Washington.

Mike's transformation is so sudden and striking that I find it difficult to believe that it is sincere. With all the worms he has dropped in the water, are we really to believe that there's no hook on THIS one?

Archaea 09-16-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-American (Post 266192)
This from the guy who was anxious to be the first to predict a loss at Washington.

Mike's transformation is so sudden and striking that I find it difficult to believe that it is sincere. With all the worms he has dropped in the water, are we really to believe that there's no hook on THIS one?

I think the offense is legit but I don't know about the defense. It won't really be tested except against TCU and Utah and then the bowl game.

Max Hall, barring injury, looks as if he's progressing nicely.

TripletDaddy 09-16-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 266190)
At least some of us are real fans of BYU, not Trojan horses masquerading as friends.

I agree. Some here are real fans. It is just that you are not one of them.

Like I said, your behavior is the very definition of fair weather. You only get excited when we are winning.

You were not this excited after beating NIU, nor after beating Washington.

The weird thing is that you are so excited now that we beat a UCLA team that was decimated by injuries and missing most of its key starters. Check out UCLA's rankings after Saturday and tell me why you are so excited that we beat them:

119th in rushing offense. ave .81 ypc
111th in total offense 263 ypg
110th in scoring offense 13 ppg
95th in rushing defense.
110th in scoring defense 42.3 ppg
99th in pass defense 263.3 ypg
102nd in total defense 443.5
115th in turnover margin -2.50
112th in sacks

One game at a time, amigo. One game at a time.

creekster 09-16-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 266193)
Max Hall, barring injury, looks as if he's progressing nicely.

This shows how spoiled we are as BYU fans. Our QB is mentioned everywhere as a Heisman candidate, he is one of the national leaders in many passing catergories, he just tied a BYU record for TD passes in a game, and he just led a waxing of a Pac-10 team, and fans say he is 'progressing nicely.' Progressing to what? Having the heisman award re-named after him? AT least you would cut him slack if he is injured.