cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   All's Well That Ends Well (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21190)

MikeWaters 07-24-2008 10:08 PM

All's Well That Ends Well

Saw this last night at a summer outdoor production.

I really enjoyed the experience. Even if the Bard fumbled on this particular play.

I've watched a lot of Shakespeare plays, both stage recordings, and movies.

But last night, I couldn't recall ever seeing a Shakespeare play in person. I probably have, but slept thru the entir ething.

I will do this again. The Bard has a turn of phrase that is very satisfying.

TripletDaddy 07-24-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 246699)
Saw this last night at a summer outdoor production.

I really enjoyed the experience. Even if the Bard fumbled on this particular play.

I've watched a lot of Shakespeare plays, both stage recordings, and movies.

But last night, I couldn't recall ever seeing a Shakespeare play in person. I probably have, but slept thru the entir ething.

I will do this again. The Bard has a turn of phrase that is very satisfying.

You are lucky to have seen it live. It usually is not performed.

MikeWaters 07-24-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 246724)
You are lucky to have seen it live. It usually is not performed.

Because it kinda sucks. The plot is not nuanced or believable, which is a big hurdle for the characters.

TripletDaddy 07-24-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 246730)
Because it kinda sucks. The plot is not nuanced or believable, which is a big hurdle for the characters.

It is also a cursed play, so the story goes.

The plot isnt bad. It ends with sex, so that is cool.

MikeWaters 07-24-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 246732)
It is also a cursed play, so the story goes.

The plot isnt bad. It ends with sex, so that is cool.

No it doesn't. It ends with a pregnant woman.

MikeWaters 07-24-2008 11:14 PM

it has some decently risque portions, esp. for YM and YW. A long dialogue on a woman's virginity.

THose are the parts where you have to be careful not to laugh around the YW leaders and other people.

TripletDaddy 07-24-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 246734)
it has some decently risque portions, esp. for YM and YW. A long dialogue on a woman's virginity.

THose are the parts where you have to be careful not to laugh around the YW leaders and other people.

i only remember the overall story but I remember my wife telling me about the "cursed" nature of it.

We took her Drama class to a study abroad in London for 8 days and spent a day out at Stratford U Avon, including checking his home and taking the tour, etc. Very fun. We asked about the "curse" and they were actually fairly serious about it.