cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   5k bails out drunk driver who killed 2 cyclists (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21037)

MikeWaters 07-18-2008 09:51 PM

5k bails out drunk driver who killed 2 cyclists

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Mansfield.B....2.743387.html

creekster 07-18-2008 09:57 PM

IN all sincereity, I wonder how Tex feels about this situation. I am outraged.

il Padrino Ute 07-18-2008 09:58 PM

It's ridiculous that he could be out of jail for only $5K. It's ridiculous that he could be out of jail for any amount.

MikeWaters 07-18-2008 10:04 PM

Apparently the killer said "They came out of nowhere."

The firing squad bullet comes out of nowhere too.

Tex 07-18-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 244342)
IN all sincereity, I wonder how Tex feels about this situation. I am outraged.

"In all sincerity"? Truly? I don't believe you.

But for the record, I think DUI offenders should be drawn and quartered.

creekster 07-18-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 244358)
"In all sincerity"? Truly? I don't believe you.

But for the record, I think DUI offenders should be drawn and quartered.

It was sincere. I am curious. I am sure you can guess how I feel about it. Your position before seemed to be tied into the driver's status as a cop and being on duty and so forth. Given the differrent circumstances here, I was honestly curious if it made a difference. You won't change my mind, I assure you, but I am still curious (which I think could be the motto for cougarguard in general, now that I think about it).

il Padrino Ute 07-18-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 244364)
It was sincere. I am curious. I am sure you can guess how I feel about it. Your position before seemed to be tied into the driver's status as a cop and being on duty and so forth. Given the differrent circumstances here, I was honestly curious if it made a difference. You won't change my mind, I assure you, but I am still curious (which I think could be the motto for cougarguard in general, now that I think about it).

Please don't project your curiosity about hitting form the other side of the plate upon the rest of us.

;)

Tex 07-18-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 244364)

Our argument in that other thread revolved around one core issue: some extenuating circumstances that made me ambivalent about prosecution. If you've taken that one disagreement and extrapolated it on to every opinion I might have about cycling accidents, then you've done me a disservice.

creekster 07-18-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 244371)
Our argument in that other thread revolved around one core issue: some extenuating circumstances that made me ambivalent about prosecution. If you've taken that one disagreement and extrapolated it on to every opinion I might have about cycling accidents, then you've done me a disservice.

Touchy touchy. Look, I ASKED what you thought. I wasn't projecting, I wasn't doing you a disservice, I was hoping you would say waht you thought. If you choose not to, that's ok.

creekster 07-18-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 244369)
Please don't project your curiosity about hitting form the other side of the plate upon the rest of us.

;)

Come on, you don't think this:

"You won't change my mind, I assure you, but I am still curious what you think"

is a pretty good motto for this place?