cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Welcome Prof-Bball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14460)

mpfunk 11-29-2007 04:55 PM

Welcome Prof-Bball

Good to see another college hoops junkie sign up for the site. I've had some good boardmail exchanges with him in regards to Ute and cougar hoops on cougarboard.

Sure he may be a big time Jimmer homer (but as a relative who can blame him), but he does have good basketball insight. Look forward to him contributing here.

MikeWaters 11-29-2007 06:36 PM

I wonder if he's pissed that I have been wondering if Jimmer is too slow to see the court much.

jay santos 11-29-2007 06:40 PM

I'll balance you out, Mike. I'm a huge Jimmer fan after seeing him in just a handful of games so far. I invited Prof-Bball over here, and told him to learn from the Beck family how not to handle internet fan forums.

MikeWaters 11-29-2007 07:15 PM

I'm rooting for Jimmer and am anxious to see him in full force on the court. I think he will have a role to play, esp. against non top-10 competition.

Archaea 11-29-2007 07:53 PM

the only games I saw Jimmer in were UNC and Louisville. However, all three freshmen, looked and played like freshmen playing against top notch competition, lost.

Collinsworth, Lloyd and Jimmer looked challenged and a little frightened. Hopefully, all three can develop.

jay santos 11-29-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 157059)
the only games I saw Jimmer in were UNC and Louisville. However, all three freshmen, looked and played like freshmen playing against top notch competition, lost.

Collinsworth, Lloyd and Jimmer looked challenged and a little frightened. Hopefully, all three can develop.

Yeah Jimmer was way out of his element. He'll develop confidence against MWC level teams and he'll be ready for the spotlight in due time.

Prof-Bball 11-30-2007 08:01 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome:-D

woot 11-30-2007 08:17 PM

Loyd really stood out as being completely out of his league in those games. The other two didn't perform well, but well enough that it seems they might be able to contribute against lesser competition.

K-dog 11-30-2007 08:49 PM

I didn't see that. I thought our freshmen looked like reserves and freshmen. I don't think it speaks poorly of them that they were unready to compete against the best competition in the country.

MikeWaters 11-30-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot (Post 157583)
Loyd really stood out as being completely out of his league in those games. The other two didn't perform well, but well enough that it seems they might be able to contribute against lesser competition.

Well, Loyd was put in to play the 2 ahead of Jimmer. So what does that say?